The Silver Spoon collection specializes in silver plate jewelry, inspired by silverware patterns from the 1800's and early 1900's. Being an avid lover of all things vintage, Jennifer Northup, the artist and designer, brings her vision into the studio: she transforms the antiques she inherited from her grandmother into jewelry art pieces that bring out unique personality, character, and style. She marries the romance of vintage sophistication with modern femininity. Inspired by her travels, nature, and people, her pieces are suitable for any occasion and look.
Once a master is created from the antique spoon, we then cast the original piece in recycled brass using the lost wax method. This allows the antique silverware to be used in the creative process without damaging the history of the piece. After the casting process, the piece is then plated in silver, which is then hand polished with an antique finish.
Silver Spoon Jewelry is handcrafted in the USA, in our California studios.
- We use recycled brass for all of our products, which are then plated in silver. During the plating process, a limited amount of nickel & copper is applied over the brass as to prevent excessive wear and prolong the life of the piece.
- Chains & Findings are brass base, with a minimal amount of nickel with a rhodium finish.
- Earring wire and toggle closures for our bracelets & watches are made from silver fill which is brass base fused with fine silver.
- Plated Chain, silver fill earring wire, and silver fill toggles. Pendants and bands are silver plate. Our pearl bracelets feature Swarovski brand synthetic pearls. Watches feature mother of pearl faces with citizen quartz movement, backed by a one year warranty. Watch faces are not waterproof or water resistant.
Key Selling Points
- We strive to go beyond frequently seen styles in Spoon jewelry, to break new ground in terms of design.
- Silver Spoon Jewelry continues to bring the elegance of the past, into modern times.
- Our purpose is to offer unique pieces, at a moderate price.